Communications Officer (m/f)
The Brussels-based EU Office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is seeking a full-time Communications Officer. The position is focussed on social media content creation and editorial work for the English-language online magazine www.ips-journal.eu and its German sister publication www.ipg-journal.de.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Content creation for the journal’s English and German social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.).
- Continuous development of the social media and communications strategy.
- Editorial planning, copy-editing and commissioning of articles in close consultation/cooperation with the editorial team in Brussels and Berlin.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German (native speaker level).
- 1-3 years of professional experience in social media content creation, strategy and development.
- Experience with copy-editing.
- In-depth knowledge of European and international politics.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Content Management Systems like Typo3.
- A master degree in relevant field (e.g. Communication studies, Journalism, PR).
- Appropriate payment commensurate with level of experience according to Belgian legislation
- International multicultural, political working atmosphere.
- Cooperation with a network of offices in more than a hundred countries worldwide.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung has set itself the goal of promoting women. Applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed.
Applicants must have the legal right to be employed in Belgium. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, recommendation letters and two work samples, one in English and one in German) until 28.02.2021 by email to: fes(at)fes-europe.eu.