Social Media Manager and Editor (m/f)
The Brussels-based EU Office of Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is seeking at the earliest possible date a full-time social media manager and editor for the English-language online magazine www.ips-journal.eu and its German sister publication www.ipg-journal.de and to start as soon as possible.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities, under the supervision of the Executive Editor:
- Content creation of the journal’s English and German social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Continuous development of the social media and marketing strategy.
- Editorial planning of the English content in close consultation/cooperation with the colleagues in Brussels and Berlin.
- Identify material, commission, and edit articles to ensure consistent style and length.
The ideal candidate will have
- Professional editorial experience in online journalism and social media.
- Excellent skills in social media content creation, strategy and development.
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- University degree in journalism, political science, economics, literature or social sciences.
- Strong analytical skills in relation to European and international politics.
- Sound knowledge of journalistic practices and ethics with a clear sense of relevance and topicality on current political questions.
- Demonstrate creativity and proficiency in grammar and usage in writing, editing, and choosing headlines.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent written and spoken fluency of English and German (native speaker level).
- Appropriate payment commensurate with level of experience according to Belgian legislation
- International multicultural, political working atmosphere
- Cooperation with a network of offices in more than a hundred countries worldwide.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung has set itself the goal of promoting women. Applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed.
We look forward to applications from people of all genders.
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, recommendation letters and two work samples, one in English and one in German) until 07.02.2021 by email to: fes(at)fes-europe.eu.