We are looking for a Communication Officer to join our team in Brussels! Deadline for applications: 15.04.2022.
The European Office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in Brussels is looking for a Communication Officer with immediate effect!
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is an independent and non-profit foundation committed to the ideas and fundamental values of social democracy and the labour movement. The European and worldwide network of the FES enables dialogue on political, economic, social, and ecological issues not only between Germany and Europe and within Europe, but also between Europe and the world. The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung – as a dialogue, education, and consulting agency – thus fulfils its special role as a “political network organisation” for and with the various European institutions.
The main focus of the position is working in the communication team of the Brussels EU Office. The creation of social media content as well as editorial work for our English-language website and the German website “Themenportal Politik für Europa”.
- Creating content for websites and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) in English and German
- Continuous development of social media and communication strategy
- Analysis and preparation of reports on the success of communication campaigns
- Review of communication and marketing material for corporate design
- Maintaining digital media archives, including photos and videos
- Editorial planning, editing, and commissioning of articles in close consultation/cooperation with the editorial teams in Brussels and Berlin.
- Support in planning and implementing editorial activities such as newsletters, publications, or online communication
- Writing press releases, answering media inquiries, and organising press conferences
- Editorial support for events (planning and implementation of accompanying communication)
- Completed studies in communication/media or social sciences, education or comparable knowledge and experience
- Social Media Experience
- Experience in proofreading
- Very good written and spoken German and English language skills (native language level)
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to write engaging and accurate content
- Good knowledge of European and international politics
- First professional experience in communication and public relations in the setting of European institutions (minimum 1 year)
- Meticulous and independent way of working
- Willingness to perform, a sense of responsibility and the ability to work in a team and under time pressure
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) e.g., Typo 3
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics
- Journalistic knowledge and experience
- Fair payment in accordance with Belgian law
- International, political working environment in the heart of the European Quarter in Brussels
- Collaboration with a network of offices in more than one hundred countries worldwide
- A friendly, appreciative working environment with open-minded colleagues
- Suitable career development and training opportunities
- Full-time position
- Additional holidays
- Supplementary pension/group insurance
- Option of mobile work
We look forward to applications from people of all genders. Severely disabled applicants with the same qualifications will be given priority. Please send your informative application documents including a selection of short work samples in English and German (articles, tweets, social media content, etc.) by email only until 15.04.2022 to Véronique Kieffer, fes(at)fes-europe.eu.