We are looking for an Editor for our online magazine International Politics and Society (IPS) based in Brussels! We accept applications on a rolling basis.
The European Office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in Brussels is looking for an Editor (m/f/d) with immediate effect!
International Politics and Society (IPS) is a young magazine with a much older heritage. Launched in January 2017, the online journal highlights global inequality and brings new perspectives on issues such as the environment, European integration, international relations, social democracy, and development policy. Based in the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung’s Brussels office, International Politics and Society aims to bring the European political debate to a global audience, as well as providing a platform for voices from the Global South. Contributors include leading journalists, academics, experts, and politicians.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) campaigns for the core ideas and values of social democracy: freedom, justice, and solidarity. Whilst the magazine is committed to the values of social democracy, it encompasses a wide range of perspectives.
The EU Office of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is now seeking a full-time Editor for the IPS. The position is focused on editorial and communication work for the English-language magazine www.ips-journal.eu.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Editorial planning, copy-editing, and commissioning of articles in close cooperation with the editorial teams in Brussels, Berlin, and Kyiv.
- Continuous development of an outreach and communications strategy.
- Content creation for the journal’s English social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.).
- Fluency in written and spoken English (native speaker level), German (at least at a B2 level), knowledge of other languages desirable.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Communication studies, Journalism, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science).
- 1-3 years of professional experience in editorial work and communications.
- Experience with copy-editing.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills and pleasant communication style.
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite or Canva.
- Experience with Content Management Systems like Typo3.
- Knowledge of Native Advertisement platforms such as Taboola or Outbrain.
- Appropriate payment commensurate with level of experience according to Belgian legislation.
- An open, friendly and multicultural working environment with an excellent work-life balance.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work remotely for 2 days a week.
- Commission holidays, food vouchers, and paid transportation.
- Cooperation with a network of offices in more than a hundred countries worldwide.
We encourage applications from women and people from diverse backgrounds in particular. Applicants must have the legal right to be employed in Belgium. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, recommendation letters and two work samples in English) by email to: fes(at)fes-europe.eu. We accept applications on a rolling basis.